The Mayer Library is the art research library of the Dallas Museum of Art. The non-circulating collection supports research on the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions as well as providing general information about art and art history of all periods. The library is available to DMA staff, docents, and the public, including students, collectors, and researchers.
SEARCH the Library Catalog
Library Hours – Spring 2019
Tuesday–Friday, 11:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Noon–4:30 p.m.
Please note: The library will close for the summer on May 11. We will not be accepting appointments, but reference requests may be sent to library@DMA.org. Please allow one week for a response.
Appointments are not required, but are recommended. Hours may change around holidays.
Send appointment requests and reference inquiries to library@DMA.org or call 214-922-1277.
- Patrons using the library are required to sign-in at the reference desk.
- Backpacks, large bags, and oversized coats must be checked at the Museum's Coat Check.
- Do not bring in original artwork.
- Copy services: Scanning to email, cloud storage, or USB drive is free of charge. Fragile or rare items may only be scanned at the Librarian's discretion. Black-and-white printouts are 25¢ per page after the first 20 pages.
- Payment for printouts is by cash only.
- Wi-Fi is available.